Potential users of the database willinclude:
1. SCIENTISTS, economic botanists and ethnobotanists,
anthropolgiests whose interest is to record all known information
about the cultural uses of plants.
2. EDUCATORS, taxonomists, biochemists, anatomists etc.
who wish to record plant use, often at a broad level.
3. STUDENTS conducting research or filed level studies
can utilize the system as a standard archival tool for scientific
4. CURATORS who need to describe accurately the uses
and values of specimens in their museuum or herbarium collections.
5. BIBLIOGRAPHERS who need to describe plant uses referred
to in publications and apply keywords consistently for ease
of data retrieval.
6. PHYTOCHEMISTS conducting research in isolation of
novel plant-based chemical compounds or drug discovery programs.